The thing that makes a leader great is his team that stands behind him. It is the responsibility of the leader to choose the right people for the job and motivate them and divide the work according to their qualifications and caliber. Teams that work together, achieve big goals. A leader should be able to give a sense of belonging to his employees so that they feel empowered.
- A good leader should engage all the team members by organising team building games. Like playing indoor and outdoor games. You can challenge other departments team that will help in in creating sense of understanding as well as enhancing their skills as a team.
- Instead of motivating work on inspiring your team. The employees should feel an inner urge to do more better. For that the leader should be an example for his team. The leader should be a type of worker that he wants everyone else to be. Employees should be comfortable and that they are working for you.
- Virtual brainstorming is also a great idea to engage your team members. this idea is suitable for both remote and in office teams. Virtual brainstorming helps in increasing affective online collaborations. it is a good platform to bring the whole team together and enhance their teamwork skills
- As a leader one should understand the fact that there are going to be conflicts between the team members. When people try to collaborate with one another then there are chances that conflicts may rise. In such situations a team leader should act and listen to there are Idea and problems. As a leader one should not pick any side but come up with a solution that is best suited according to the situation.
- As a leader you should appreciate your team. If your team has completed any project and that is an accomplishment for you then you should do something special for your employees. Like you can invite your employees out for dinner or drinks. This way the employees will know how much you give importance to their efforts.
- When working in a team a leader should create a timeline for a calendar. This time line represents the track and the plan which needs to be followed. The timeline includes deadlines and meetings.